We’re available along the way for any questions but here is a general overview of how it all works!
- Sign up and submit an application with InterExchange, paying a $100 deposit (this goes towards your final program fee). We’ll contact you with your next steps, including guidelines for completing the government of Australia application.
- Obtaining the Australia Work and Holiday Visa can be done online. It's an important step in making sure that you're able to work when you arrive, and stay in Australia for up to a year (with the possibility to extend). When applying you'll need to pay a AUD $510 fee to the government.
- Let us know once your visa is approved. Usually this will happen within a few weeks. At that point we'll give you the green light to purchase flights for your desired start date.
- Confirm your program preferences including start dates and whether you'd like to add any extra nights of accommodation before or after the program dates.
- Book your flights and send us your itinerary.
- Pay the balance of your program fee to InterExchange.
- Receive a booking confirmation and resources from InterExchange. You'll get a welcome email from the team in Australia with resources to help you prepare for your program.
- Arrive in Australia and check into your hostel. Refer to your itinerary for information on where to meet your group.
- Enjoy your welcome week and contact the support team along the way with any questions about life in Australia, traveling, or finding jobs!