- $595 w/ 2 nights accommodation
- $895 w/ 6 nights accommodation and Welcome Week (optional upgrade)
- $40 for WWOOF Membership (optional add-on)
Other costs to consider
- Travel medical insurance
- Personal support funds ($4,200 NZD)
It's important to have savings to cover costs, especially in the early part of your program before you have a paycheck. You can expect to pay roughly NZD $150 weekly for a shared room in an apartment.
- The minimum wage is NZD $16.50 but many jobs pay a good bit more than this. The best thing is to be open to different types of jobs and line them up closely to one another so you have a steady income coming in.
- The easiest jobs to find are short-term with no experience required (e.g. warehouse work, event set-up, and certain hospitality and retail positions)
- You're welcome to job-hunt in your chosen field. For professional development, another approach is to pick up casual work while networking and doing site visits in your field. It's important to stay open to the more casual, seasonal work if you want to start earning money soon after arrival.
- Participants who regularly engage with the jobs team typically find their first short-term position within 1-2 weeks.