$595$545 (when you sign up August 13-17) w/ 2 nights accommodation $895$845 (when you sign up August 13-17) w/ 6 nights accommodation & welcome week
- Airfare - most participants buy a one-way ticket initially.
- Support funds of NZD $4,200 is a visa requirement. It's important to have savings especially during your first month in New Zealand.
- Personal spending money
You will need to have travel medical insurance during your program. We will gladly suggest a few options if you need them!
It depends on where you live, but you can expect to pay at least $150 NZD per week for a shared apartment/room in a house.
Compensation & Benefits
The amount of money you earn depends on the type of job you do, but hourly pay is often much higher in New Zealand than the U.S. Certain jobs, like farm work or resort work, also come with great perks.
The minimum wage is reviewed every year - as of April 1, 2017 the minimum was NZD $15.75 per hour before tax. You can expect to receive around $12.00 NZD after tax at the minimum wage rate, but many jobs pay significantly higher.
- Airport shuttle service
- Accommodation upon arrival (two or six nights)
- Members’ job database
- Job search guidance from staff
- Orientation covering working, living and traveling
- Access to social activities
- SIM Card for New Zealand phone service
- Bank account pre-arranged
- Pre-departure and alumni support
- Visa information as needed
- InterExchange t-shirt