Jobs & Travel
Typical seasonal jobs include:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars
- Theme parks
- Special events
In addition to this you’re welcome to seek out work in specific fields.
Jobs database (countrywide)
The New Zealand team maintains an extensive database of positions suitable for a working holiday, which you can search as you plan your travels. They regularly update this and post positions in their office as well.
Job before you go
If you’d feel better arranging a job before you travel let us know.
All participants attend an orientation session covering job searching, safety, and other useful information.
Everyone on this program is invited to consult with the support team in Auckland. They can speak with you about industry-specific jobs as well. If you want to talk about other logistics like buying cars, traveling, renting an apartment, etc, then they can speak with you about that as well.
In New Zealand there are “working hostels” where as long as you’re paying to stay, job staff will connect you with regional paid work. We’ll connect you to these hostels if you’re interested.
Standard Package - $595
- Includes the above job support, 4 nights of dorm-style accommodation (private room upgrade available) including breakfast, and access to social activities and more.
- You can also add additional nights of accommodation if you prefer.
Welcome Week Package - $895
- Everything from the standard package plus 2 extra nights (6 total) of accommodation and group activities
- The Welcome Weeks are offered with specific arrival dates and itineraries, indicated below.
- You can add additional nights before or after the Welcome Week if you’d like.
2021 Welcome Week Arrival Dates
If you hope to travel in 2020, please let us know. We’re monitoring travel restrictions and the public health situation and will take bookings with late 2020 start dates if possible.
- January 11, 2021
- February 15
- March 15
- April 12
- May 10
- June 14
- July 12
- August 16
- September 13
- October 11
- November 15
- December 6