We’re available along the way for any questions but here is a general overview of how it all works!
- Sign up and submit an application with InterExchange, paying a $100 deposit (this goes towards your final program fee). We’ll contact you with your next steps, including guidelines for completing the government of New Zealand application.
- Obtaining the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa can be done online. It's an important step in making sure that you're able to work when you arrive, and stay in New Zealand for up to a year. When applying you'll need to pay a NZD $455 fee to the government.
- Let us know once you're visa is approved. Usually this will happen within a few weeks.
- Confirm your program preferences including start dates and whether you'd like to add any extra nights of accommodation before or after the program dates.
- Pay the balance of your program fee to InterExchange.
- Receive a booking confirmation and resources from InterExchange.
- Book your flights and send us your itinerary.
- Arrive in New Zealand and check into your hostel. Refer to your itinerary for information on where to meet your group.
- Enjoy your welcome week and contact the support team along the way with any questions about life in New Zealand, traveling, or finding jobs!