InterExchange is excited to introduce our Work & Culture USA Program in 2018. The Work & Culture USA Program provides American students with an exciting international and cultural exchange opportunity, right here in the U.S. Participants spend the summer living and working in an iconic U.S. vacation area alongside international college students participating in our Work & Travel USA Program.
Explore somewhere new
Have you ever been to the woods of Maine? The lakes of the Wisconsin Dells? The beaches of Santa Cruz? The hot springs and geysers of Yellowstone? The Blue Ridge Mountains?
You'll have the unique opportunity to live and work in a beautiful part of the U.S., maybe somewhere you've never been before.
Make friends from around the world
- You'll live and work alongside international students from around the world who've traveled to the U.S. during their college summer vacations.
- You'll do planned cultural activities together and learn about cultural differences in the workplace and college student life abroad.
- You'll gain cross-cultural communication skills, broaden your cultural horizons, make new international friends, and have an amazing summer.
Work an awesome summer job
We'll match you with one of five trusted U.S. host employers. You’ll become a valued member of the team, earn at least minimum wage, and work between 32-40 hours per week.
We’ll arrange local housing and support you throughout your experience.
All job placements will be seasonal and entry level positions at one of the following U.S. host businesses:
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Santa Cruz, CA
- Noah's Ark Water Park, Wisconsin Dells, WI
- Acadia Jordan Pond House, Acadia National Park, ME
- YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly, Black Mountain, NC
- Delaware North at Yellowstone - Yellowstone General Stores, Bozeman, MT
Build your resume
This summer job experience will set you apart from the crowd. As part of your program, you'll engage with career experts who will help you:
- Create a solid resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Interview with your potential host employer.
- Learn how to talk to future employers about what you’ve learned from this summer job and cultural exchange experience.
April 15, 2018