Do you have a hard time finding enough local candidates to join your staff during peak seasons? Would having staff who can stay for up to four months make your life easier? Do you and your customers enjoy learning about other countries and cultures?
InterExchange Work & Travel USA is the solution! Our program is free for qualified host employers. We can match you with pre-screened, English-speaking international students who are excited about living and working in the U.S. for a season.
We provide U.S. businesses like yours with opportunities to:
- Hire international students easily and quickly, with no extra cost to your business
- Hire enough staff to cover your busiest season from beginning to end
- Add an exciting cultural exchange experience to your business
- Search and hire qualified candidates through our advanced online system
- View pre-screened candidates’ applications and videos to evaluate English skills
InterExchange Takes Care of:
- Screening and interviewing
- Testing for English fluency
- J-1 Visa applications and work authorization
- Travel arrangements, including updates on your participants’ arrivals
- Orientation & Social Security applications
- Accident and sickness insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance & support throughout the program
Our international exchange visitors are:
- English-speaking university students who want to learn about life in the U.S. by working and interacting with Americans for up to four months during their breaks from school.
- Qualified and motivated
- From all over the world
As a host employer, you’ll enjoy the benefits of getting to know enthusiastic, international students. Part of your role in the program is to get students involved in cultural activities and events outside of work. Use our toolkit to find fun ways to engage in cultural exchange with your new staff members.
Participants in our Work & Travel USA program are available for a variety of entry-level positions, including:
- Housekeeping help
- Kitchen help
- Maintenance staff
- Counter staff
- Wait staff
- Ride operators
- Many others
Some jobs are not allowed through our program. Please review our list of prohibited jobs when applying.
Here’s How It Works:
- Fill out the Employer Inquiry Form online
- An InterExchange representative will contact you to understand your needs
- We’ll send you profiles of international students who meet your request
- Tell us which students you'd like to hire
- We handle the rest!
Already know who you want to hire? Our Self-Placement program is for you. Complete an Employer Inquiry Form to start.