Did you have a life-changing experience on the Work Travel Program in Summer 2019 or in Summer 2020? Would you like to participate again in Summer 2021, and already have a job offer?
InterExchange is offering direct sponsorship to eligible repeat participants for Summer 2021.
Apply directly with InterExchange and experience our exceptional customer service, fast processing times, and affordable prices.
Space is limited and applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility for Direct Sponsorship
You were a first time participant of the Work & Travel Program in Summer 2019 or Summer 2020, and have a job offer from a U.S. host employer for Summer 2021.
You were a second time participant sponsored by InterExchange in 2019 or 2020, and have a job offer from a U.S. host employer for Summer 2021.
Additionally meet the following requirements:
- You are between the ages of 18 and 28.
- You are enrolled full-time and pursuing studies at accredited post-secondary, classroom-based, academic institutions physically located outside of the United States and have successfully completed at least one semester, or equivalent, of post-secondary academic study.
- You are sufficiently proficient in English to successfully interact in an English-speaking environment verified by a mandatory and documented video conference interview.
- You have the intention to participate in the cultural aspects of the Summer Work Travel Program.
Step 2: Create Application and Upload Required Supporting Documents
Create your account in the InterExchange Online Application and upload required documents.
- Complete all fillable sections of the application. Remember that your dates of participation are based on program dates mandated by the U.S. Department of State and can be found on their website.
- Upload all of the required supporting documents.
- Passport Copy (must be valid through program dates)
- Proof of student status from university
|Submission Order||Required Document||Acceptable Document Must Include|
|1||Passport||Valid for at least 6 months after the end date of your program.|
|2||Proof of Student Status||A university letter confirming that you are enrolled in and actively pursuing a degree or a full-time course of study; signed with University seal by University Registrar.|
|3*||Job Offer||A completed Employment Offer.|
|4*||Previous DS-2019 Form or Proof of Program Letter||Letter from your former J-1 Visa sponsor with your name, dates you participated on Work & Travel and name of Host Employer. Note: Participants sponsored by InterExchange in 2019 or 2020 do not need to submit this.|
|5||Official University Transcript||University seal, all classes, grades and credits.|
*Required after application has been submitted, but before your forms can be issued.
Step 3: Pay Program Free + Submit Application
Submit payment of $1100 USD, which includes InterExchange program fees, SEVIS, insurance for the duration of your program, and shipping costs for your visa sponsorship forms.
It will say “Payment Received” in the Payment section of your dashboard within one to two business days of submitting payment.
If you cancel for any reason you will be refunded the full $1100 USD.
Step 4: Schedule Your Interview With InterExchange Staff
After your application has been submitted, we will contact you to schedule a screening interview with InterExchange to assess program suitability.
Once your interview is scheduled, submit your Job Offer information to your InterExchange App Dashboard.
Step 5: Complete InterExchange Online Orientation
- Complete the mandatory InterExchange Work & Travel USA online orientation which you can access in your InterExchange Online Application account.
Step 6: Host Employer Job Vetting + Job Confirmation
InterExchange will vet your job offer for approval according to program guidelines and regulations: InterExchange Host Employer job vetting guidelines.
Once your job has been confirmed, you will receive an email from InterExchange on how to finalize your job offer on your Online Application.
Step 7: Receive Your Forms
Confirm your mailing address.
InterExchange will process, print and ship your forms via UPS to your local address. We will send you an email with your UPS tracking number once your acceptance packet has been shipped.
Step 8: Apply for your Visa & Schedule Your Visa Appointment at the Embassy/Consulate
You will receive an email with details on how to apply for your J-1 Visa.
Complete your DS-160 form and schedule your visa appointment at the embassy or consulate on the embassy website. Note: it is not necessary to wait for your acceptance packet to arrive to start this process. Be sure to check for visa appointment and processing wait times.
Collect and review all additional documents required by the embassy or consulate where you will apply.
Step 9: Attend Your Visa Interview & Prepare for Departure
Attend your visa interview and receive your visa.
Review your participant handbook, insurance information, and other pre-departure materials provided in the acceptance packet.
Finalize your travel arrangements. Remember to enter your visa interview date, visa result, and flight information in your online application here.
Depart for the USA!