Mother's Day Ideas for Au Pairs and Host Children
Create Something Special this Mother’s Day
Looking for an after-school activity this week? Something to do on this rainy day? Then get out markers, crayons, glitter and paint and help your host children create something special for their mom this Mother’s Day!
Here are some ideas:
- Make a card with a special picture or poem. Take it from me, nothing touches a mom’s heart more than an authentic card with your child’s creative touches!!
- Book marks for the mom who loves to read!! Cut cardboard in the shape of a bookmark, attach ribbon, colored paper, stickers, pictures, glitter glue and more!
- Picture Frames with a new picture of the kids. What mom doesn’t love a new and updated photo of their children encased in a frame decorated by their offspring? Michael’s has inexpensive wood frames that kids can color, glue and paint. Take a nice picture on your phone and go to CVS or Walgreen’s to print it out. Voila! The perfect present that just screams thoughtfulness.
- Beaded Necklaces are always a labor of love! All you need is string or yarn and an array of colored beads and you are good to go!
- Bake cookies, a cake or another delicious treat and wrap it in a pretty box covered with designs created by the kids.
Encourage the children to come up with other inventive ideas!! Help them unleash their creativity and design something special and memorable for their mother. Above all, have fun! Mom is sure to love anything their children made for them!
Childcare you trust and your kids loveSign Up Learn More Call Us
Host an Au Pair in the U.S.
Childcare you trust and your kids love
For over 30 years, we’ve provided American families with an easy way to find qualified au pairs from around the world. Welcoming one of our carefully screened international au pairs is a budget-friendly, flexible way to provide loving, live-in care for your children. It’s a culturally rich experience that will benefit your entire family.
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.