7 Playground Safety Tips for Au Pairs
The days are longer and the weather is beautiful. Time for au pairs and parents to get out with the kids and get them on the playground! Here are seven tips to keep your kids safe at the playground:
- Check the playground before using it. Make sure no sharp objects or dangerous materials are lying around. Check that the equipment is intact and not broken.
- Make sure your children don’t wear necklaces or sweatshirts with drawstrings. These could be a potential choking hazard.
- Be careful on hot days. Equipment such as slides and swings can get really hot. Make sure that your children always wear shoes.
- Be very attentive and anticipate two steps ahead. Never leave your children unattended or stop paying attention to them.
- Guard them against weather: bring sunscreen, water and hats.
- Teach your children to always go down the slide feet first and not to stand on swings.
I hope these tips will help you and your little ones stay safe and have many fun-filled playground days! Have fun!
Experience life in the U.S. while living with a welcoming American family.Sign Up Learn More Call Us
Au Pair in the U.S.
Experience life in the U.S. while living with a welcoming American family.
Spend an exciting year living in the U.S. as an au pair providing child care to an American family. Experience a new culture and create life-long memories along the way! We're here to help you apply for your visa and find a great host family, and provide support throughout your au pair year.
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.