5 Key Points of the New Car Seat Law in New Jersey
This week, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie signed a bill into law updating the child restraint requirements. The new law goes into effect September 1st, 2015.
Here are the basics to keep your child safe in the car under the new guidelines:
- Children age 8 and younger are required to ride in the back seat.
- Children under age 2 weighing less than 30 pounds must use a rear-facing convertible car seat that is equipped with a 5-point harness.
- Children ages 2 to 3 weighing less than 40 pounds must use a car seat equipped with a 5-point harness, and may be either rear facing or forward facing.
- Children ages 4 to 7 and less than 57 inches tall must use either a car seat equipped with a 5-point harness or a booster seat.
- Children 8 and up must wear a properly fastened and adjusted seat belt.
Experience life in the U.S. while living with a welcoming American family.Sign Up Learn More Call Us
Au Pair in the U.S.
Experience life in the U.S. while living with a welcoming American family.
Spend an exciting year living in the U.S. as an au pair providing child care to an American family. Experience a new culture and create life-long memories along the way! We're here to help you apply for your visa and find a great host family, and provide support throughout your au pair year.
Learn about life abroad
Read about the adventures others have had and get excited for yours.