Work & Travel Canada
We will continue to accept applications until the government announces a closing date (anticipated late September / early October)
The International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit program allows U.S. citizens 18-35 to live and work in Canada for up to a year. Our program offers job search guidance, social activities and logistical support during your adventure. Each year a limited number of spaces are available to U.S. citizens, who are required to work with a recognized organization when applying.
Support offices in Toronto and Vancouver
Start any time you want
Rolling until government closes program
Maximum one year
- 18-35 years old
- U.S. citizen
Income as You Travel
Pick up seasonal jobs with our help to fund your travels and more
Enjoy some of the most stunning landscapes on the planet
Sessions in Toronto and Vancouver. Remote support also available
Meet other participants from across the globe
Support When You Need It
Join activities and call on the support team for help
- Sign up and submit an application with InterExchange. We’ll contact you with your next steps.
- Create a profile on the Government of Canada’s website.
- Receive an invitation from the government to continue your application. You will also receive an “R.O. letter” from our Canadian partner SWAP Working Holidays, confirming that you’re working with a government-recognized organization (required for U.S. applicants).
- Complete and submit your government application and pay the government fees.
- Receive approval from the government to travel. Applicants are typically given one year to enter Canada and activate their work permit.
- Enter Canada and receive your work permit, typically valid for one year starting from your date of entry.
- Contact InterExchange and SWAP along the way with any questions about the application process, life in Canada, traveling, or finding jobs!