International TEFL Academy - Terms and Conditions
The TERMS AND CONDITIONS is between you, the Student, and International TEFL Academy. These TERMS AND CONDITIONS shall cover the full scope of International TEFL Academy’s services to you. We assume no responsibility outside of the administration and management of the TEFL/TESOL training course.
- Course Start Date - the first day of your course as posted by International TEFL Academy
- Course End Date - the last day of your course as posted by International TEFL Academy
- Job Search Guidance - advice provided to our students and graduates relating to their search for English teaching jobs abroad and preparations for interviewing and securing employment
- Online TEFL/TESOL Course - TEFL/TESOL training comprised of 150 hours of online coursework and 20 hours of student teaching, tutoring, observation or a combination thereof in the form of a TEFL Practicum
- TEFL - Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- TEFL/TESOL Certificate - the document indicating evidence of course completion by Student
- TEFL Instructor - the individual(s) or group teaching TEFL training courses
- TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Transfer Fee - the fee paid by a Student to transfer from one course to another
A. Course Transfer Fee(s) - When a Student is unable to start or continue his/her original course he/she can transfer into a course that begins on a new course start date. A Student can transfer courses up to a maximum of two times. The course transfer fee must be paid in order to reserve a spot in a different course and/or course start date. For transfer fee amount please refer to the section titled Online TEFL Course.
ONLINE TEFL/TESOL COURSE
A. DEFINITION - Online TEFL/TESOL training comprised of 150 - 180 hours of online coursework and 20 hours of TEFL Practicum.
B. TEFL PRACTICUM - 20 hours of student teaching, tutoring, observation or a combination thereof. The TEFL Practicum must be completed by every Student enrolled in an online TEFL/TESOL Course to receive their TEFL/TESOL Certificate.
C. BUSINESS ENGLISH AND YOUNG LEARNERS MODULES - 30 hours of additional TEFL/TESOL training not included in the standard 170-hour online TEFL course. This is an optional add-on for any Student enrolled in the online TEFL/TESOL Course.
D. ONLINE CLASS REFUND SCHEDULE - The following refund schedule applies to either the original TEFL course start date or TEFL course that student transferred into, whichever TEFL course starts first. All refunds will be issued to Student within 30 days from the date of acceptance of Students’ written notice of cancellation.
Student will receive:
- 90% of the amount paid when the course is cancelled 31 days or more before the original course start date.
- 50% of the amount paid when the course is cancelled between 8 and 30 days before the original course start date.
- 25% of the amount paid when the course is cancelled between 1 and 7 days before the original course start date.
- 0% of the amount paid when the course is cancelled on the original course start date or any date thereafter.
E. TRANSFER POLICY AND FEES
- Student can transfer courses up to a maximum of 2 times. This includes transfers that occur before the course begins and after the course start date.
- Student must pay course transfer fee in order to reserve his/her spot in a new course.
- Student who is unable to pass his/her online TEFL course or needs to withdraw for any reason will adhere to the transfer policy.
Transfer to Online TEFL Course - If Student postpones the start date of his/her course with at least fifteen (15) days written notice there is no penalty. If Student postpones his/her course within 14 days or less before, on or after the course start date Student will be required to pay the non-refundable transfer fee. The following terms apply to Student who transfers classes.
Student who is enrolled in the online TEFL class can transfer to another online TEFL Course hosted by International TEFL Academy. The following terms apply:
- No Transfer Fee - Transfer to another online TEFL Certification Course 15 days or more before the course Student is currently enrolled in.
- $100.00 Transfer Fee - Transfer to another online TEFL Certification Course 14 - 1 days before the course Student is currently enrolled in.
- $250.00 Transfer Fee - Transfer to another online TEFL Certification Course on or after course start date that Student is currently enrolled in.
F. COURSE MATERIALS - There are no required materials to purchase for the online TEFL/TESOL Certification course. However, students can purchase the TEFL Certification Course Book for an additional fee. Purchasing the course book is completely optional and is not a requirement. All course book purchases are between the student and an independent book publishing/distribution site such as Lulu.com, Amazon.com, etc.
PROCESS FOR STUDENT TO TRANSFER, CANCEL OR WITHDRAW FROM TEFL COURSE
Should Student cancel, withdraw or transfer enrollment from a TEFL Class for any reason, Student must notify International TEFL Academy in writing. Writing may be in the form of Email, Fax or Certified letter. A notice of receipt will constitute the acceptance date for refund timelines should a refund be due to Student. The cancellation will be effective upon receipt of the written notification by International TEFL Academy at its office in Chicago, Illinois. If Student cancels his or her participation in any International TEFL Academy course, funds paid by Student to International TEFL Academy can be refunded only as set forth per the refund schedule for their course as outlined in the agreement.
POSTPONING A COURSE BY INTERNATIONAL TEFL ACADEMY
If an online TEFL class or International TEFL course is postponed or delayed by International TEFL Academy or a Partner School, the following terms apply:
- Student will have the option to transfer into another TEFL Class of equal or greater value. Student will not have to pay a course transfer fee. Should class Student is transferring into is of a greater value than course Student originally registered for, Student will have to pay the difference in course cost.
- Refunds will not be made to Student for housing, meals, or other personal expenses incurred during this time. Students should have enough reserve income to meet their needs during this timeframe.
- If a delay in the start of a course exceeds 14 days the Student may elect to receive a full course refund or transfer into a different TEFL course.
CANCELLATION OF A COURSE OR REJECTION OR DISMISSAL BY ITA
Student will receive a 100% refund when any course is cancelled by International TEFL Academy. Refund will be paid to Student within 30 days after the cancellation notice has been issued. International TEFL Academy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the Course in which Student is scheduled to participate. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, or if the Student has been rejected, the total amount paid to International TEFL Academy will be refunded. International TEFL Academy will not be responsible to Student for any other refund, costs, interest, liability or damages of any kind. These costs can be, but are not limited to flights, housing and travel arrangements made by Student.
International TEFL Academy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject or dismiss Student from class based on, but not limited to, class performance, failure to comply by course syllabus, behavior, or any other inappropriate action(s) that may negatively impact their classmates’ experience. Should student be rejected or dismissed from TEFL class, it will be at the discretion of International TEFL Academy if a refund will be issued to Student.
JOB SEARCH GUIDANCE
DEFINITION: International TEFL Academy provides guidance to help Student find an English teaching job abroad only as an accommodation to its Students. We make no warranties regarding your job search experience including, but not limited to, the quality or conditions of the Student’s employment and agreement with an ESL school, recruiter, and/or organization.
- The Student recognizes that International TEFL Academy is not a job placement organization and only assists students and graduates through guidance and advice in finding English teaching jobs abroad.
- Every enrollee receives job search guidance. International TEFL Academy staff is available to assist in developing the student’s resume, preparing for an interview, and reviewing an employment contract. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the Student to obtain and accept an English teaching job abroad.
- Only students who have paid all course fees in full and/or submitted required enrollment documents to International TEFL Academy will receive Job Search Guidance from International TEFL Academy.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND RELEASE
USE OF STUDENT LIKENESS
Student acknowledges and agrees that International TEFL Academy may record Student’s likeness or comments before, during or after a course offered by International TEFL Academy. Student consents to the use of Student’s likeness (whether photographed, filmed, and/or videotaped) and comments or any portion of such in any manner developed now or in the future. Student’s likeness or comments can be used without limitation, in marketing and promotional materials, advertising for television, radio, print or other media, and any other International TEFL Academy presentations. Student agrees that, in connection with such use, International TEFL Academy, and persons acting for or on behalf of International TEFL Academy, may identify Student and may identify Student’s first name, age, city and state/territory/other district or country of residence. Student releases, indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless International TEFL Academy, and persons acting for or on behalf of International TEFL Academy, from any liability for acts authorized under this section of this Terms and Conditions form.
GOVERNING LAWS AND ARBITRATION
These TERMS AND CONDITIONS shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive law of the State of Illinois, USA, applicable to agreements made and to be performed wholly therein, without regard to its provisions or rules concerning choice of laws or conflicts of laws. Any controversy or claim between the parties to this Agreement shall be resolved in arbitration in the place of arbitration shall be Cook County, Illinois (or at any other place or under any other form of arbitration mutually acceptable to the parties so involved). International TEFL Academy is not responsible for any legal fees if Student should choose to pursue legal action.
The arbitrator shall apply the substantive law of the State of Illinois, USA, as set forth above, and any award rendered shall be final and conclusive upon the parties and a judgment thereon may be entered in any court, state or federal, having jurisdiction. Except as set forth below, the expenses of the arbitration shall be borne equally by the parties of the arbitration, provided that each party shall pay for and bear the cost of its own experts and evidence.
Should International TEFL Academy Prevail in an Arbitration or lawsuit notwithstanding anything above to the contrary, in the event of an arbitration hearing and/or lawsuit brought forth against International TEFL Academy by the Student (claimant) and one in which International TEFL Academy prevails the Student (claimant) agrees to pay International TEFL Academy its litigation cost(s) of any and all fees for court costs, arbitration fees, reasonable attorney fees, including any and all expert fees utilized by International TEFL Academy during the adjudication of this claim either through the courts, arbitration, or by its attorney(s).
NULL AND VOID
In the event that International TEFL Academy ceases its operations due to natural or manmade disasters beyond its control or bankruptcy the Student agrees this contract is null & void.
If Student is younger than 18 years of age all references to Student shall include his or her parents or guardian.