The applicant must fill in all sections of the online application honestly so that we can arrange the best possible placement. An applicant who smokes, for example, should tell the truth even if he or she fears not being placed. InterExchange Camp USA exercises great flexibility in addressing our participants’ individual situations, but applicants must present all relevant information at the beginning of the placement process and not after they are placed. Once we have reviewed and accepted an application, we start the placement process.
- Each camp registers online, detailing information about the camp and their staffing needs for the coming summer.
- InterExchange Camp USA reviews profiles of both the camps and the participants to create an appropriate match.
- We send an application to a camp for review or camps can search the online database of applications and choose applicants for themselves The camp has a maximum of seven days to exclusively review each application and during this time, the application will not be seen by any other camp. The camp may call or email the applicant to speak to him or her personally. [Please tell your participants to check their email and junk mail folders frequently]. There have been some instances when participants don’t check their email and camp directors reject them because they don’t hear back from them.
- The camp notifies us when a decision is made. If the camp would like to hire them, he or she will receive a placement offer.
- If the participant does not accept the placement offer within five days, he or she will lose the placement. If a participant rejects a placement, please inform us immediately. Participants must have a very good reason for rejecting the offer. If the camp rejects the participant, we send the application to another camp or their application goes back online where other camps can review them.
- If the camp rejects the participant, their application returns to the general pool to be viewed by all registered camps, or we will manually send the application to another camp where we think they will be a good fit.