The applicant must fill in all sections of the online application honestly so that we can arrange the best possible placement. An applicant who smokes, for example, should tell the truth even if he or she fears not being placed. InterExchange Camp USA exercises great flexibility in addressing our participants’ individual situations, but applicants must present all relevant information at the beginning of the placement process and not after they are placed. Once we have reviewed and accepted an application, we start the placement process.
- Each camp registers online, detailing information about the camp and their staffing needs for the coming summer.
- InterExchange Camp USA reviews profiles of both the camps and the participants to create an appropriate match.
- We send an application to a camp for review. The camp has a maximum of seven days to exclusively review each application and during this time, the application will not be seen by any other camp. The camp may call or email the applicant to speak to him or her personally. Please tell your participants to check their email and junk mail folders frequently. There have been some instances when participants don’t check their email and camp directors reject them because they don’t hear back from them.
- The camp notifies us when a decision is made. If the camp would like to hire them, he or she will receive a placement offer.
- If the participant does not accept the placement offer within five days, he or she will lose the placement and be canceled from the program. If a participant rejects a placement, please inform us immediately. InterExchange Camp USA reserves the right to cancel any participant who rejects a placement offer.
- If the camp rejects the participant, we send the application to another camp.
While we are happy to hear from you, please refrain from asking us for updates on individual unplaced applicants. The answer is always the same: we are trying as hard as we can to place the applicant, and you will receive paperwork if and when we do so. We will give you two complete updates during the winter, with specific information about each participant and how we feel about their placement chances.