Less than 20% of placements left! Want to work & travel in Canada? 🇨🇦 Sign up today! (for U.S. passport holders only)
Want to work & travel in Canada? 🇨🇦 Sign up today!
Share your adventures from a cultural immersion summer through American Adventure Quest now.
International Participants
Work & Travel USA
Summer Work Travel
Work & Travel USA


Need more information about joining the InterExchange Work & Travel USA program? You’ve come to the right place to learn about what it takes to participate in the program, and there’s plenty of supporting information here for current participants, too.

Finding Jobs

If you are thinking about participating in our Work & Travel USA program, consider our Job Placement option. We will connect you with potential employers and take care of the hiring process for you.

Your Housing Guide

Tips for Work & Travel USA participants for finding housing that is inexpensive, comfortable, safe, and close to your work site.

Understanding Lease Agreements

A lease is a record that you have rented a house or an apartment and offers both you and the landlord legal protections. Learn more about this housing contract.

Rights, Protections, & Expectations

Conduct that you can expect from InterExchange and your hosts as well as your own responsibilities during your visit to the United States.

Estimated Cost of Living

A guide for creating a budget and advice for saving money throughout your Work & Travel USA program.

U.S. Culture & Culture Shock

Being in a new and unfamiliar place can be challenging, and feelings of isolation and frustration can occur. Learn the signs of culture shock and how to overcome them.

What is SEVIS?

The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) keeps track of all InterExchange Work & Travel USA students while they are in the U.S.

Important Tax Information

U.S. law requires that you pay federal, state, and local taxes.

Health Insurance

All InterExchange Work & Travel USA students will be covered by accident and sickness insurance during their program in the U.S.

Safety & Wellness

The health and safety of participants is our top priority. Here are some tips to help you have a rewarding experience during your program.

Sexual Harassment

It is important to know how to identify sexual harassment in United States. It is essential that you treat everyone with respect, and you should insist on being treated with respect too.

Road Safety in the U.S.

If you intend to drive or bike in the United States, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with local, state, and federal laws regarding driving.