International Participants
Work & Travel USA
Work & Travel
Work & Travel USA

How it works​

Experience American culture while working and exploring the USA.


Our Work & Travel USA program offers an exhilarating opportunity to engage in a cultural exchange program in the United States.

For students who need job placement assistance, our Job Placement program is the best option. You’ll begin the application process by connecting with one of our partner agencies in your home country.

For others who may have found a job in the U.S. independently or are returning for a second season to a U.S. host employer, we can serve as your J-1 Visa sponsor, as well as provide assistance, support, and resources throughout your program. Be sure to review the prohibited jobs list in Finding Jobs section to ensure that your job meets InterExchange criteria.

Fill out the Employment Offer and then speak to the InterExchange cooperator in your home country regarding the next steps.


To participate in the Work & Travel USA program, you must be:

  • Age 18-28
  • A full-time student at an accredited institution
  • Proficient in spoken and written English
  • A resident of a country with a cooperating agency


Participants in our program pay a program fee that covers our extensive, quality services. For information on specific fee amounts, please contact the InterExchange cooperator in your home country.

What you’ll earn on the program

All InterExchange Work & Travel USA students are covered by basic minimum wage laws and overtime as it applies from state to state. As of July 24, 2009 the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) minimum wage was set at $7.25 per hour. Where state or local law requires a higher minimum wage, the higher standard applies.

You’ll be responsible for costs such as rent, food, entertainment, and more. So make sure to save for your 30-day travel period!
wtusa USA cta

Make your American dream come true

Connect with your local agency today to learn more about this life-changing program!