InterExchange is proud to work with young people from around the world who choose to lead and learn by taking part in life-changing cultural exchange experiences. Our program participants are students and young professionals. They are adventure seekers, cultural ambassadors, and change makers. They are leaders.
Our #ThinkLeadership campaign aims to create events and opportunities for exchange participants to learn about American culture and grow their leadership capabilities and skills.
We encourage our community of participants and hosts to get involved in the #ThinkLeadership campaign, either in-person or online, share their stories, and inspire others to lead.
Join an Event
#ThinkLeadership and join young people from around the world for exciting events hosted in your area. Note that space is limited for some events. Be sure to reserve your spot!
Plan an Event
- InterExchange relies on American host organizations and communities to make the #ThinkLeadership campaign a success!
- Interested in planning an event to support our #ThinkLeadership campaign? Submit information about your event and we will list it on the campaign web page and help you promote it.
Other Ways to Get Involved and #ThinkLeadership
Become a Cultural Ambassador
- What do you enjoy most about your home culture? Is it hearty borscht or sweet baklava? Perhaps you know how to play a bodhrán? How do you celebrate Yuanxiao Festival? Are you good at playing oină?
- Share your culture during your stay in the U.S. and help others learn what makes your home country unique!
Make an Impact
- Be proactive and learn about American culture by giving back to your host community! Americans value community service and spent nearly 7.8 billion hours volunteering in 2015.
- Meeting people as a volunteer is a great way to make new friends, gain new skills, and help others. Nature and pet lovers can find a lot of volunteer projects too! Visit VolunteerMatch to enter your location and get started.
- Stepping outside your comfort zone, experiencing a new culture firsthand, and living an American lifestyle are all marks of leadership. What does being a leader mean to you personally?
- Share your story and empower others by recording a short video and posting it on social media, using #ThinkLeadership and #iexculture
- Would you like to learn more about the United States, connect with Americans and other exchange participants, and make new friends?
- Take part in cultural events hosted by your local community in the U.S., your host organization, J-1 Visa Sponsors, or on your own and share your experience using #ThinkLeadership, #IEXCulture, and #RouteJ1 on social media.
Stand Out with your Professional Portfolio
- Bulk up your resume and contribute to the InterExchange blog! Tell us why you joined the #ThinkLeadership campaign and you can add some published clips to your resume. We'll share tips on writing your story and getting published with InterExchange. Check out our tips on writing your story and getting published with InterExchange.
We're pleased to share this collection of articles related to the #ThinkLeadership initiative.