Upload the ten items listed below to your online application.
We know the number of documents can seem overwhelming! Thai schools require a lot of documentation in order to hire teachers. You don't have to upload everything in one sitting; your progress will be saved. Any time you have questions, please feel free to contact us at +1.800.597.3675 or firstname.lastname@example.org - we're happy to help!
- Program-Specific Application [PDF]
- Medical Report [PDF]
- Personal Statement
- Essay format; address these prompts.
- Unofficial copy acceptable for the application
- Passport-style or business-dress photo
- Casual photo
- One of you smiling and without a hat or sunglasses
- Passport Picture Page Copy
- Must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your stay.
- If you don't have a passport yet, please upload the receipt indicating you've applied for one.
- Two signed letters of recommendation
- Dated and printed on official letterhead or accompanied by a business card.
- Recommenders should be persons that are/were directly responsible for the review of your academic and/or professional performance.
Before You Travel
- State Police or Federal Background Check
- Required for visa purposes and may be provided after you apply.
- Must be on official letterhead with a stamp or seal and signature.
- Must not be more than three months old at time of visa application, which occurs four to six weeks prior to program start-date. If you are applying more than three months before the program starts, you may submit your background check after the rest of your application.
Proof of Insurance: All participants must possess international accident and sickness insurance that includes evacuation/repatriation coverage. We'll provide affordable options to consider once accepted. Please email proof of coverage prior to traveling abroad. You may wait until your placement is confirmed before emailing us proof of coverage.
- Visa Information: Participants must apply for a single-entry, non-immigrant (Type B) visa, which occurs after you've been accepted into the program. InterExchange will supply a visa sponsor letter and application instructions to accepted participants.
Required for Visa:
- Visa Application Form
- Two passport-style photos (2x2)
- Passport (original)
- Diploma (copy)
- Letter of acceptance from employing school in Thailand
- Copy of recent bank statement showing access to $700
- State or Federal Criminal Background Check (original)
- Flight itinerary
- Money order for $80.00
- Prepaid return envelope (so they can mail your passport and visa back to you)
Documents You MUST Bring to Thailand:
- Non-Immigrant, Type “B” Visa
- Original diploma
- Official transcripts
- Official letter from your college’s registrar’s office stating the degree awarded and date earned (see note)
NOTE: Not all Thai officials require an official letter from your university's registrar office. Depending on your placement location, InterExchange will notify you if this will be necessary.
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download and view these materials. Click here to install Adobe Reader (free).