InterExchange Camp USA places general and activity counselors at summer camps throughout the United States. We recruit international applicants who are skilled, hard working, dedicated to the ideals of camping and committed to learning about American culture. InterExchange works with international cooperating organizations (International Cooperators or “ICs”) to recruit qualified camp staff from many countries around the world.
As a J-1 Visa sponsor, InterExchange serves as the central contact point for U.S. camps, international participants and ICs. We take great pride in running our program with a personal approach, which is why our team travels around the world to screen applicants, enhance relationships with ICs and meet with U.S. embassies. During the summer, we visit as many camps as possible to evaluate the success of our participants and gain a better sense of each host camp’s environment and staffing needs. When you choose to work with us, you can expect:
- Personalized service from dedicated InterExchange Camp USA program professionals.
- Your own placement specialist who will identify candidates truly appropriate for your camp.
- Thoroughly screened applicants, interviewed by an InterExchange Camp USA placement specialist or a trained International Cooperator.
- DS-2019 Forms and visa application support for all of our participants.
- 24-hour program support throughout the summer.
InterExchange Camp USA Requirements
Each fall, InterExchange and its International Cooperators distribute promotional materials and organize information sessions abroad to attract a select pool of skilled applicants.
InterExchange Camp USA recruits applicants who are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 28 during the summer of participation.
- International students, teachers, youth workers or individuals with specialized skills.
- Fluent in English and able to attend an orientation and interview in their home country. Experienced and/or enthusiastic about working with children in a camp environment.
- Highly motivated and committed to the program for 8 to 15 weeks.
- InterExchange Camp USA is committed to selecting and matching the most qualified candidates to prospective camps. We understand and appreciate the importance of camper safety; we work with you to address your safety concerns by maintaining strict standards and procedures throughout the selection process and to address questions during your participation in the program.
Continue to the next chapter, Program Options, or return to the Table of Contents.