via Online App

Access your application, documents, placement, travel info, and more. For Camp USA, Career Training USA, Work & Travel USA, and U.S. Citizens Abroad.

via Passport

Manage your au pair or host family profile, matches, and more. For Au Pair USA participants & hosts.


Check in to SEVIS when you arrive in the U.S. and every 30 days thereafter. For Work & Travel USA participants.

via Online App

Access your application, documents, placement, travel info, and more. For Camp USA, Career Training USA, Work & Travel USA, and U.S. Citizens Abroad.

via Passport

Manage your au pair or host family profile, matches, and more. For Au Pair USA participants & hosts.


Check in to SEVIS when you arrive in the U.S. and every 30 days thereafter. For Work & Travel USA participants.

Insurance Information

Before you leave for the U.S.

Visit your home country doctor(s)
  • Your accident & sickness insurance in the U.S. will only cover medical treatment for unexpected injuries or illness. It will not cover routine annual exams or pre-existing conditions (e.g. diabetes, asthma, etc.). You should visit the doctor in your home country for a general check-up prior to your departure.
  • Prescriptions for ongoing illnesses or care are not covered by your InterExchange-arranged insurance. If you take medication regularly, you should bring enough with you for the duration of your program or ask your doctor to write a prescription if you will need a refill in the U.S. Call your airline to ask how much of the medication you can bring. You may need to bring a letter from your doctor to verify your prescription.
  • Dental and vision care are not included as part of your accident & sickness insurance. Be sure to get a teeth cleaning or visit the eye doctor in your home country, and bring extra contact lenses or glasses with you to the U.S. as it may be expensive to get replacements during your program.
  • If you require regular care, you may pursue a more comprehensive health insurance policy on your own in addition to your accident & sickness insurance. Note that it is not possible to opt-out of the InterExchange-arranged insurance.
  • The name of your insurance company is Seven Corners, provided through Envisage Insurance Services. Your insurance provider network is called UnitedHealthcare.
  • You are insured from your arrival in the U.S. through the 30-day grace period at the end of your program. If you will be arriving more than one week early, you will need to purchase the Insurance for Early Arrival (valid for up to 30 days before program start date) for $63.
  • Be sure to understand the maximum amounts of coverage, the services/procedures that are covered, deductibles, and co-pays (learn about these and other important insurance terms).

Your insurance brochure and plan details will be different depending on when you arrived in the U.S.

If you arrive January 1, 2023 or later, your group number is FSG22-220131-05TM and this is your insurance brochure.

If you arrived between February 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022, your group number is FSG22-220131-05TM and this is your insurance brochure.

If you arrived before February 1, 2022, your group number is FSG21-210101-05TM and this is your insurance brochure.

If you arrived before February of 2022, log in to your Student Zone here.

If you arrived on or after February 1, 2022, log in to your Student Zone here.

Using your insurance while in the U.S.

Notify InterExchange of your arrival in the U.S.

You will then receive your insurance card via email from [email protected].

Download or Print your insurance ID card from your email.

Seeking Treatment

The first step to seeking treatment is to log in to your Student Zone. You may then make a telemedicine appointment to speak with a doctor virtually or find a local doctor to visit in-person
  • Telemedicine
    • Your Student Zone will include details on signing up for the telemedicine service
    • A limited number of free consultations are included in your plan. After you’ve used your free visits, there will be a small fee to use the service but this will still remain the cheapest option for seeking care.
  • In-person doctor visit
    • From the main page of your student zone, choose Doctor/Hospital Search.
    • Interns or Trainees in the 50 states should use the UnitedHealthcare link to search for in-network providers in the USA
    • Interns or Trainees in Guam and Saipan should click on the link for Well Abroad to search for in-network doctors.
    • When searching for doctors, list your postal code and choose the type of care or doctor you need.
    • Remember when searching for “places” that convenience and urgent care clinics will be the most affordable, and often don’t require an appointment to visit.
For 24-Hour assistance in searching for care, contact the insurance company below:
  • Toll Free: (877) 702-6767
  • Direct Dial: +1 (317) 582-2622
Remember: Only use the emergency room (ER) in emergency situations. Emergency room visits are very expensive in the U.S. and you may have an additional ER deductible that you will have to pay if you seek treatment at the emergency room and aren’t admitted.

Making an appointment

If you aren’t visiting a walk-in clinic, you’ll need to call the doctor’s office to make an appointment

Show your ID card at the doctor’s office

Pay your deductible ($50)

  • What is a deductible? This is the amount you must pay before the insurance company will start to cover the costs.
  • The $50 deductible is for in-person doctor visits. A smaller fee is charged for telemedicine appointments.

Ask the doctor’s office to send your medical bills to the insurance company

  • Keep records of all receipts and paperwork from your medical visits.
  • Make copies of all receipts and claim forms before sending them to your insurance provider.
IMPORTANT: Even if the doctor sends a bill to our insurance provider, you MUST submit a claim as well in order to receive reimbursement.

Fill out a Claim Form/Proof of Loss Form

Log into your Student Zone (see links above)
  • What is a claim form? It is a form/application you must fill in after going to the doctor in order for the insurance company to pay your medical bill. You can download your Claim Form here.
  • Please be sure to answer all the questions on the form. If you have questions while completing the form, please contact the insurance company to ask for clarification.
  • Send it to [email protected]
IMPORTANT! You have 90 days from the date of service to submit the Proof of Loss Form to the insurance company. If you submit it late, your claims will be denied and you will be responsible for paying your medical bills.

In Case of an Emergency

Call 911 or visit the Emergency Room (ER) at your local hospital if you experience a serious injury or life-threatening illness. Your deductible for visiting the ER when you are not admitted to the hospital is $250. However, if you are admitted and kept overnight, you will not be subject to the deductible.

  • If you are going for emergency care by yourself, try to go to an urgent care center rather than an emergency room, if possible. They can provide you high-quality emergency care but at a lower cost.
  • If you require an ambulance, you will be taken to the nearest emergency room

Please contact InterExchange about any illness or hospitalization that causes an interruption in your program (missing days) or requires regular follow-up and treatment so that we may assist you.

For a Non-Emergency Accident or Illness:

You must visit a regular doctor or urgent care clinic e for non-emergency accidents and illnesses, like a cold or sore throat. Telemedicine is also a great service to use for routine illnesses such as these! You will need to call a doctor and schedule an appointment or visit a walk-in clinic whenever you are feeling unwell. Do not go to the emergency room for any injury or illness that is not an emergency.

Prescription Medication

If you receive a prescription for medication during your program for an unexpected illness or injury, you will need to visit a pharmacy to have your prescription filled.

  • All medications must be paid in-full by you at the pharmacy.
  • You will not have a BIN number as your insurance coverage does not include a network for prescription medication.
  • Keep your payment receipts
  • You will then need to submit a copy of your payment receipt with a completed Proof of Loss Form to get reimbursed. Review the Claims page of your Student Zone for steps on submitting a claim for reimbursement.

Dental or Vision Care

Dental and vision care are not included as part of your accident & sickness insurance except in very limited circumstances.

If you need dental care due to an accident or sudden relief of pain, contact the insurance company directly before seeking treatment to determine if your care will be covered.

For any dental or vision care not covered by your accident & sickness insurance, you will need to pay out of pocket. Research local doctors in your area and request a quote prior to receiving treatment. Costs may vary by doctor!

You may consider looking into a separate dental insurance policy, or buying a discounted dental plan for a specific treatment. More information on discounted dental plans can be found here.

Worker’s Compensation

All host employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance in place (unless exempt). If you are injured at work, speak with your human resources department about how to file a workers’ compensation claim.

For more information, please read this overview of Worker’s Compensation Insurance Policies.

Additional Insurance

Your accident and sickness insurance will only cover your medical bills if you get sick or injured. It does not cover routine annual exams or pre-existing conditions (e.g. diabetes, asthma, etc.). If you require regular care, you may pursue a more comprehensive health insurance policy on your own.

If you plan to travel outside of the U.S. during your program, your accident & sickness insurance will cover you if you get sick in any other country except for your home country.

Renter’s Insurance

If you’d like to cover your personal belongings, you will need to purchase a separate insurance policy such as renters insurance or travel insurance. Renters insurance will cover loss or damage to your personal belongings due to events such as fire, theft, vandalism, etc. Often your belongings are covered even outside of your home. For example, if your phone is lost or stolen at a restaurant, your renters insurance policy may cover the cost of replacing your phone. Renters insurance can cost as little as $15 per month, so it can be an inexpensive way of protecting your personal belongings while in the U.S. If you’d like more information, the finance blog, Nerdwallet, has a useful guide on renters insurance and how to purchase it.

Your accident and sickness insurance is not travel insurance. If you’d like to cover your trip, you will need to purchase a separate travel insurance policy on your own.

Auto or car insurance is required to drive a car in the U.S. You can learn more about purchasing auto insurance on our Driving in the U.S. page.

Social Security

Please note that your Social Security Number is your tax ID number. It is only used to pay taxes in the U.S. The U.S. does not have nationalized health insurance, and your Social Security Card is not related to any medical insurance or care. You will need to show the Seven Corners insurance ID card at the doctor’s office when seeking treatment.

Making an Appointment With the Doctor Over the Phone

Hello, my name is (Your Name). I am calling to make an appointment with Doctor (Name of the Doctor). I have an American insurance plan provided by Seven Corners. My insurance uses the UnitedHealthcare provider network and this doctor is listed as in-network. When is the next available appointment for new patients?

Important Contacts

Seven Corners

  • 877.702.6767 (toll-free 24/7) or 317.582.2622 (Direct Dial 24/7)
  • Mailing Address: Attn. Claims 303 Congressional Boulevard Carmel, IN 46032


  • 1.888.621.1202 (toll-free) or 1.917.373.0994 (emergency only after business hours)
  • [email protected]

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Co-Pay?

Although your insurance plan will pay most of your medical bill, they do require you, as the patient, to pay a small portion. This portion is called a co-pay. Under your insurance plan you will have a co-pay for every doctor’s office visit, a hospital stay, or other form of care. For every visit, you will pay the co-pay and the insurance will pay the remaining qualified expenses. If you visit an out-of-network doctor, you can expect a larger co-pay for each doctor’s office visit.

This is the amount you must pay for medical expenses before the insurance company is obligated to pay – outside of the USA, this is also known as excess. Under your insurance policy you have a deductible for visiting the emergency room (unless you are admitted overnight, at which point the fee is waived). This means if the emergency room bill is less than your deductible, you will have to pay the entire bill; if it is more than your deductible, then you will only pay the deductible and the insurance company will pay the remaining amount of qualified expenses.

The plan utilizes the UnitedHealthcare Network, so when calling or talking with providers, please mention this name or show the provider a copy of your insurance ID card with the UnitedHealthcare logo on it for network recognition. Alternatively, or if any issues arise, please call Seven Corners (the company who processes your insurance claims) immediately for assistance.

Yes, you are free to visit any provider you wish, but it it not advisable to see doctors outside of the provider network. The benefit of staying within the preferred provider network is that bills and invoices may be settled directly without any payment (apart from your deductibles) on your part.

Common exclusions on your insurance plan include dental (teeth), vision (eyes), pre-existing conditions, birth control pills, long-term treatment & regular exams/check-ups. However, please visit the log into your Student Zone (see links above) for a copy of your insurance brochure that will contain a full listing of the plan exclusions.

Some, but not all, mental health expenses will be covered by your insurance plan. Mental health care can be expensive and not all doctors or clinics offer these services. If you are feeling suicidal, we suggest you contact one of the following organizations:

We generally recommend that you visit a doctor’s office or urgent care clinic for treatment. You will likely have a shorter wait time, and urgent care clinics tend to be much less expensive than hospital emergency rooms. Generally, you should ONLY visit a hospital emergency room if you are experiencing a serious injury or a life-threatening illness.

Most likely you and your dependents are not subject to ACA requirements. For more information, please read this blog post.

Your host employer may offer you health insurance as part of your compensation package. A health insurance policy may be a good addition to the coverage that you have during your program. However, you may not cancel the accident and sickness coverage purchased through InterExchange. The InterExchange-arranged policy is designed to meet the insurance requirements set forth by the U.S. Department of State and will provide benefits specific to being on an international exchange program.

Please visit the Seven Corners Contact Us site to request that a new card be emailed to you.

You should take with you:

  • Insurance confirmation card with your Individual
  • Policy Number
  • Passport (to use as Identification)
  • DS-2019 Form (just in case they need to see it)

Your insurance ID card contains both your Group ID (this is the same for all participants under the plan) and your certificate ID, which is unique to you and is your individual insurance policy number.

All Career Training USA Interns/Trainees who receive medical treatment must file a claim form.

As soon as possible after going to the doctor’s office and no later than 90 days after you received treatment. After 90 days, you will not be reimbursed for your medical expenses.

A signed and dated claim form and either the physician’s bill or a fully itemized statement of charges (a complete list of everything the doctor’s office has charged you) with the diagnosis written on the doctor’s letterhead.

Yes, but the bill and claim form do not have to be mailed in together. As long as the medical provider sent in the bill you only have to send in your claim form. However, sending both together may help to expedite payment of your bill.

Log into your MyPlan account, or call/email Seven Corners. If you do not have a MyPlan account, you can create one at the MyPlan Homepage. Seven Corners can be contacted at:

  • Phone: 877.702.6767 (24/7 toll-free) or 317.582.2622 (24/7 Direct Dial)
  • Email: [email protected]

First, call the doctor’s office to ask if they have submitted the bill to Seven Corners. If they did not receive your correct insurance information, you may give them Seven Corners’ details so that your claim can be processed. If the bill was submitted to Seven Corners but has not yet been processed, please log into your MyPlan account or contact Seven Corners in order to find out why it had not yet been paid.

If a claim has been processed and you are not happy with the results, you can request that Seven Corners review the claim again. To do this, you can email Seven Corners to request another review. Appeals can be emailed to: [email protected]