- Group discounts available
No registration fee
- Online meet-and-greet before traveling
- Pre-departure resources including a packing list, health and safety information, location details, and more
- In-country orientation and welcome dinner
- Transportation with local providers (mostly private transport for our group)
- Accommodation in affordable, locally-run hotels
- Breakfast every day
- Lunch and dinner most days with a few opportunities to explore on your own
- NGO visits and adventure (hiking, swimming, hot springs) activities
- Entry fees or donations associated with excursions and site visits
- Experienced trip leader and local, bilingual coordinator
- Insight into major 21st century sustainability challenges (in the context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals) and innovative ways Costa Rican NGOs are tackling them.
- Discussion of the academic and career possibilities in social and environmental sustainability.
- Travel medical insurance and 24-hour emergency support
- Alumni resources, including access to our language partner program for continued learning
- International flights
- Passport fees
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, optional activities, etc.)
- Reserve your spot with a $750 deposit towards the program fee
- Balance due 65 days prior to the program start date
If you cancel your participation the following charges will be non-refundable:
- 95 days or less prior to departure date: $750 deposit
- 65 days or less prior to departure date: full program fee
A Note on Pricing
As a nonprofit organization committed to creating accessible intercultural experiences, InterExchange sets pricing carefully. In addition to everything listed under What’s Included, your program fee covers the costs of program design, site visits, application review, one-to-one advising, and other program administration.
We welcome the chance to discuss creative ways you can both fund your program and maximize your positive impact in Costa Rica, such as creating a FundMyTravel page. Note: your program fee includes donations to local organizations and any further donations are completely optional.