- $2,195 for 1-week program
No registration fee.
$250 is due to hold your space. The remainder is paid leading up to the program.
- Whatsapp group formed by your trip leader prior to departure
- Pre-departure resources including a packing list, health and safety information, location details, and more
- In-country orientation and welcome dinner
- Transportation with local providers (mostly private transport for our group)
- Accommodation in locally-run hotels, hostels, and cabanas
- Most meals with a few opportunities to explore on your own
- NGO visits and adventure (hiking, swimming, waterfalls) activities
- Entry fees or donations associated with excursions and site visits
- Experienced trip leader
- Insight into major 21st century sustainability challenges and innovative ways Costa Rican NGOs are tackling them
- Discussion of the academic and career possibilities in social and environmental sustainability
- Travel medical insurance and 24-hour emergency support
Payment and refund policy
To secure your spot on the program please pay the deposit of $250. Fifty percent of the fee is due 45 days prior to the program start date, with the balance due no later than 15 days prior to the program start date. Please see our refund policy.
We strongly recommend purchasing trip cancellation insurance coverage at the time of making your initial payment to hedge against any unforeseen circumstances preventing you from traveling.
A Note on Pricing
As a nonprofit organization committed to creating accessible intercultural experiences, InterExchange sets pricing carefully. In addition to everything listed under What’s Included, your program fee covers the costs of program design, site visits, application review, one-to-one advising, and other program administration.
We welcome the chance to discuss creative ways you can both fund your program and maximize your positive impact in Costa Rica, such as creating a FundMyTravel page.