- Early bird rate (sign up and secure your space with a $750 deposit by May 31, 2019): $2,195
- Regular rate (apply by October 18, 2019): $2,295
No application fee
- Pre-departure online orientation and detailed resources, including a packing list, health and safety information, location details, and more.
- In-country arrival orientation.
- All in-country transportation: We’ll use private transportation for most of our program, though at points we may venture on to public transportation.
- All accommodation: We’ll stay in affordable, quality hotels in both locations. Participants will share rooms (same sex).
- Most meals: Breakfast is included every day. Lunch and dinner are usually included, with a few opportunities to explore on your own.
- Group volunteer and adventure (hiking, swimming, ziplining) activities.
- All entry fees and other costs associated with excursions and site visits.
- Experienced trip leaders and local, bilingual coordinator.
- Insight into major 21st century sustainability challenges (in the context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals) and innovative ways Costa Rican NGOs are tackling them.
- Discussion of the academic and career possibilities in social and environmental sustainability.
- Travel medical insurance and 24-hour emergency support.
- Alumni resources, including access to our language partner program for continued learning.
- Donations to the NGOs we’ll be visiting along the way.
- International flights
- Passport fees
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, etc.)
Once you’re accepted into the program, a deposit of $750 will be due within 7 days in order to secure your spot. The remaining program fee will be due no later than 35 days prior to the program start date.
Upon cancellation, the following charges will be non-refundable:
- 65 days or less prior to departure date: the deposit
- 35 days or less prior to departure date: 100% of program fee
A Note on Pricing
As a nonprofit organization committed to creating accessible intercultural experiences, InterExchange sets pricing carefully. In addition to everything listed under What’s Included, your program fee covers the costs of program design, site visits, application review, one-to-one advising, and other program administration.
We welcome the chance to discuss creative ways you can both fund your program and maximize your positive impact in Costa Rica, such as creating a FundMyTravel page. Your program fee includes donations to the NGOs we’ll be visiting and any further donations are completely optional.