Jobs & Travel
Typical seasonal jobs include:
- Warehouse work
- Hotel staff
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars
- Farm work
- Theme parks
- Special events
You’re welcome to seek out work in other fields.
When picking up jobs directly through the support team in Australia, you will usually earn approximately AUD $24.36. If you organize jobs independently wages can vary.
Short-term job placement (Melbourne and Sydney)
- Support teams in Melbourne and Sydney can place you on short-term jobs.
- In this case you will be paid directly by our Australian partner agency.
- Wages are usually at least AUD $24.00.
- These jobs are usually very short (sometimes less than a week) but you can string together multiple short-term gigs.
Jobs database (countrywide)
For positions outside of Melbourne and Sydney, the team maintains an extensive database of positions. For these jobs you’ll apply directly with the employer.
Orientation and job seminar
- You’ll attend an orientation session covering job searching, safety, and other useful information.
- You can also join a short, optional seminar geared towards the job search, specific industries, and how to set up alerts for jobs on various sites.
- You can consult with the support teams in Melbourne and Sydney about industry-specific jobs, work that can help with obtaining a 2nd-year-visa if you’re interested, and resume and interview prep.
- If you want to talk about other logistics like buying a car, traveling, and renting an apartment, they can help with these things as well.
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
- Working in a restaurant or bar often requires RSA certification. This can open up a wider range of jobs, which often pay quite well.
- Our program includes an online RSA certification you can complete before you travel, but please note that this is valid in certain Australian states only (in NSW and Victoria, for example, you’ll need to do an in-person course, which will cost extra).
- Those with an interest in childcare and some previous experience such as babysitting or daycare can pursue au pair roles (living with a host family as a childcare provider), which can be as long as six months in Australia.
- If this sounds like your cup of tea, check out our Au Pair Australia program.
Standard Package - $595
- Includes the above job support, four nights of dorm-style accommodation (private room upgrade available) including breakfast, and access to social activities and more.
- You can also add additional nights of accommodation.
Welcome Week Package - $895
- Everything from the standard package plus three extra nights (seven total) of accommodation and daily activities
- The Welcome Weeks are offered with specific arrival dates and itineraries, indicated below.
- You can add additional nights before or after the Welcome Week, if you’d like.
Welcome Week Start Dates
If you hope to travel in 2020, please let us know. We’re monitoring travel restrictions and the public health situation and will take bookings with late 2020 start dates if possible. Depending on circumstances it may be necessary to plan for a 2021 arrival.
If you don’t plan to join a Welcome Week you can start outside of these dates. We suggest signing up at least two months in advance to ensure space availability and allow time for visa processing.
- October 1
- November 5
- November 26
See the Melbourne Welcome Week itinerary
- October 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29
- November 5, 12, and 26
- December 3
See the Sydney Welcome Week itinerary